Another glorious summer is here! As an educator, Summer is the season of life in which we can stay up late, pretend for a little while that we are stay at home moms, finally get to that overdue spring cleaning, READ, be the fun mom that you wanted to be all year, cook actual meals that aren’t from a box, can, or freezer, and reconnect with family and friends. Yes, summer sabbaticals are amazing. They recharge our batteries and allow us to hit the ground running at 110% come August!
Summer is great, but it doesn’t last! In order to make the most of each summer day with Addie I find it helpful to create a bucket list (of course….). In years to come I think it will be even more fun as she will get to come up with unique and crazy adventures to add to our list each year as well.
Here is the list for this year:
- Make a stepping stone (We did this last year, so I would like to make it a yearly tradition).
- Collect and paint rocks
- Visit the Trampoline Park
- Paint Pottery
- Create a spa night at home
- Go to a summer matinee
- Have a Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Tie dye
- Have a picnic/tea party
- Go sea shelling in St. Augustine
- Make homemade pizza
- Make jewelry
- Go to the beach with friends
- Have a lazy day around the house
- Go to a U-pick farm
- Go to the open studio hours at a local kids art studio (Henny Penny or Scribble Art Studio)
We still have a little bit more time before I go back to school. I will be sure to post our accomplishments then! What’s on your list this summer?