It is hard to believe that in a few short days we will be saying farewell to another year. 2014 has been full of many full of many firsts and exciting moments, and it has certainly been our busiest year to date! When I look back upon the past twelve months I am overwhelmed by the grace, mercy, love, and providence of God. He has overseen the sell of our first home, the safe travels of many friends both domestic and abroad, kept Addie safe, healthy, and strong, allowed hubby and I to function with very little sleep, helped us to persevere through bible college and graduate school simultaneously, given us the opportunity to get plugged in with our church through small group and children’s service, and managed to shower us with mercy and grace when we fail him on a daily basis in our walk. I am so thankful to Christ for 2014, and I am hopeful for the coming year.
My worth will NEVER be measured by the length of my Bucket List, but I find it strangely comforting to cross each new adventure off the list! It is all about the JOURNEY anyway!
2014 Bucket List
1. Read at least 20 books (with at least 5 devotional books, 3 finance books, and 5 parenting books)….(OKay, so aside from school research, and children’s books I didn’t really get very far on this one. I will try to redeem myself next year when I am not in full graduate school mode!)
2. Visit 35 States (Made it to 32 currently. This year I added Oregon and Alabama. Oregon was absolutely amazing and Alabama…well…no comment.)
3. SCUBA in a new location (I still can’t believe we didn’t make this one happen this year! We did get around to having the gear serviced but that was about it!)
4. Create a Will (YIKES! This didn’t happen yet because it didn’t seem to make sense to do it before we built the house. This one will be moved to the 2015 list for sure!)
5. Set up a 529 Savings and General Savings Account for Addie (because college is right around the corner…)
6. Plant bougainvillea and hydrangea (Moving this to next year . Currently we do not have a house to plant anything on/around/or near!)
7. Parasail (This would be a big nope…)
8. Try Acupuncture (I really actually enjoyed this one! I wish that it wasn’t so dang expensive)
9. Take a Cooking Class (next year? anyone want to come?)
10. Read my Bible Everyday (I try to, but I would like to become much more intentional in my study habits.)
11. Stick to a budget all year (last year we made it from about June until the end of November…)
12. Create a Mother-Daughter Bucket List (Yes…I do make lists for my lists!) 13. Run a 10K (Empower Run Irmo, SC) 14. Run a 1/2 Marathon (Rock N Roll in November) HECK YEAH! I am so proud of this one right here because it took so much work upfront! Can’t wait until next year!
15. Start sewing (Next year?)
16. Start a Thanksgiving Table Cloth–CHECK! 17. Shoot a gun (really I am terrified of this, but I feel like I should try it at least once)—CHECK 1/25
18. Learn more constellations
19. Start juicing and eating less processed foods (Started off the year so well…hm…). 20. Make Baby Addie baby food (This was actually another big area of successful for us I think. Up until Addie started eating more textured solid food I made everything for her from scratch.) 21. Cut out soda (I really yoyoed on this about all year long. Really need to try again next year!).
22. Make it to post-baby goal weight (I have lost the weight from pregnancy, but I still would like to get down to my happy college weight! 🙂 (The baby weight came and went, but never made it to that elusive college happy weight. It stayed about 5 lbs away)
23. Light a sky lantern (got them just in time for NYE).