I LOVE Fall Break…and I love that the hurricanes have stayed far enough away from us this year so that we actually get to keep those off days to have some adventures!
Most of you know that I have a quest to visit all 50 states and I currently have EIGHT more states to go! For Fall Break this year I am going to get to knock off two move states and Ella gets to take her first-ever plane trip!
Here’s the plan:
-Saturday: Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Sunday: Fargo, North Dakota (State 43 for me!)
-Monday: Ellsworth, Wisconsin (State 44 for me!)
-Tuesday: Back home!!
Mid-west Fall Break here we come!
Fall is upon us once again and so despite the craziness of life….a bit of decorating is a must. This year Addie is old enough to help get out our one little orange rubber maid. Honestly, I like that we put out the same predictable decorations each year (a few are listed below). While I love whimsy and novelty, I also find joy in routine and tradition. I like that we don’t have box after box of complicated decor. We have one box. We put out the same items year after year with little deviation or addition.
Traditions bring a sense of richness to life that I love to share with my girls and husband. I love this little tradition so much that I think I may start doing the same with one box of items for Easter/Spring as well as Summer.
Who cares that it isn’t “officially” fall yet?! When you get an opportunity to knock a few items off on the 2018 Fall Bucket List, you just go for it!
Life being crazy-busy like it is and will be for the next year or so, we seriously thought about canceling our trip to Blue Ridge. However, when remembering Gretchen Rubin’s words in my ear to “choose the bigger life,” we headed out for another whirlwind weekend getaway.
In less than 72 hours we crammed in the following:
-Chicky bowls at our favorite Cuban restaurant in Blue Ridge
-Blairsville’s First-ever Taste of the Mountains
-Downtown Blue Ridge Window shopping
-Addie Milked a Cow!
This Summer has been jam-packed with life. Ugly, messy, beautiful, crazy, fun, adventurous life. We got a lot done, but when I think about this summer I am reminded of a quote from my girl-crush, Rachel Hollis:
- Paint character rocks– DONE!
- Pick blueberries—DONE!
- Take newborn photos—DONE!
- Go to Virginia–DONE!
- Eat LOTS of fresh tomato and bacon sandwiches–DONE!
- Swim lessons for Addie—DONE! (with Granny Layne as primo swim instructor)
- Create Year 9 Photobook—Um…not yet…
- Plan 2018 – 2019 Trips (Fall break, Christmas, Spring Break, & Summer)- Spring Break–DONE!, Fall Break–DONE! Summer & Christmas–Not Yet!
- Paint pottery–DONE!
- Tye dye–Not yet, but we have all of the ingredients needed for a fun night!
- Make stepping stones-Not yet, but we have all of the ingredients needed for a fun night!
- Go see a matinee- DONE!
- Create a girl’s-only spa night–DONE and DONE!
- Go to tea with Addie—DONE!
- Make homemade pizza–DONE!
- Celebrate 9 years of marriage- DONE!
- Go new school clothes shopping with Addie- DONE! (Okay, so I mostly did this online)
- Throw an End-of-Summer & Beginning-of-School Adventure Night- DONE! We went to Chili’s but it still counts…
- Have a labor party to welcome Eleanor and get back to goal weight- DONE & DONE (Sort-of…I am 7lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight with 33 pounds down in 10 weeks. Yeah, I am pretty happy with this, the rest will come).
- Light a sky lantern-Not yet, but we have all of the ingredients needed for a fun night!
Have you explored your own hometown lately? Waring and I did just that last weekend. I have been wanting to explore the Starland District in downtown Savannah during the 1st Friday Arts March for a year or so now. For one reason or another things have not worked out until…. last Friday!
Waring and I took the littlest out on the town to meet Mer, Justin, and Baby Eli out for Tacos and a walk through the Starland District. We saw a pretty wild flower art exhibit, tasted olive oil and vinegar, ate tacos, and enjoyed some time catching up with friends. I love it when bucket list items are: 1). close to home 2). reasonably priced 3). pretty painless to accomplish 4). fun!!!