I still can’t believe that 2017 has already exited the scene to make way for 2018. This past year was full of the usual adventures and a few new ones too. We celebrated birthdays, enjoyed two full years of living in our new home, explored NYC with the girls, took a family cruise to Mexico, enrolled Addie in Pre-K 3 and dance, visited Disney again, and again, and again, and took a weekend escape to check Niagara Falls and Cedar Point off of the bucket list. Oh yeah…and we decided to invite a new member into our family….Baby Harvey #2 is coming in June 2018.
Here is the progress made from this year: (not too shabby if I must say!)
Write my own manifesto (from Gretchen Rubin’s Happiness Project)—-CHECK! Maybe I will share this with you guys one day… I love Gretchen Rubin and recommend any of her books if you are looking to be more intentional in your life. Write a letter to my future self—-CHECK! April @ age 30. Celebrate my last day of my 20’s—-CHECK! Plan (and have) a spa day—Hubby helped with this task! The facial and massage from Milan Esthetics was wonderful! Do Adult Disney—CHECK!We got to see visit the Inaugural International Festival of the Arts at EPCOT! See the Rocky Mountains—CHECK! Rocky Mountain National Park was just as amazing as I thought it would be. Colorado is a MUST SEE state in my book! Fly fish—YES! We look lessons in Estes, Park Colorado. See photo evidence below! Sand surf–-YES! We made life-long memories here in Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado. BTW…the sand gets up to 150 degrees so make sure you wear SHOES!!! (Thanks for NOTHING Trip Advisor, hahah!).
- Stay in a Deluxe Disney Resort– NOPE I can’t part with the cash to pay for the price tag of this particular adventure.
- Hang Glide— NOT YET
- Sleep in a tree house—NOT YET
- Learn about floral arts— DOES PINTEREST COUNT?
Take a cooking class-–YES, thanks Justin and Meredith!
- Master the art of the sugar cookie—-HM…maybe next year!
Plant bougainvillea–-YES, thanks Hubby for the birthday gift. I hope the cold hasn’t killed them this week. 😦
- Reach goal weight (finally)—Well, I am currently expanding due to this new baby.
Pay off student loans— YES! CHECK!
- Develop a “big girl” skin care routine—Well, sort-of…but I could use more work on this one so I am going to keep it for next year too.
Visit a new state-— CHECK and CHECK!!! Michigan and Colorado. Currently on 38
- Visit a new country—Nope, although we did go back to Canada and Mexico this year.
- Explore Universal’s Harry Potter World—NOPE!
- Complete a Reading Challenge—-HAHAHAH. Do Addie’s books count?
- Learn Spanish (again…)—-NOPE
- Prepare for an emergency (so we won’t get totally caught off guard by something like Hurricane Matthew again.)—-This is about half way complete, but we could still use some more work.
Attend Dragon Con-–CHECK!!! Plan and implement seasonal bucket lists/monthly challenges-–CHECK! I got a little slack after morning sickness set in, but other than that we were pretty consistent.