Ugh…do you not want to pinch those squishy cheeks! We are so very much in love!
This Summer has been jam-packed with life. Ugly, messy, beautiful, crazy, fun, adventurous life. We got a lot done, but when I think about this summer I am reminded of a quote from my girl-crush, Rachel Hollis:
- Paint character rocks– DONE!
- Pick blueberries—DONE!
- Take newborn photos—DONE!
- Go to Virginia–DONE!
- Eat LOTS of fresh tomato and bacon sandwiches–DONE!
- Swim lessons for Addie—DONE! (with Granny Layne as primo swim instructor)
- Create Year 9 Photobook—Um…not yet…
- Plan 2018 – 2019 Trips (Fall break, Christmas, Spring Break, & Summer)- Spring Break–DONE!, Fall Break–DONE! Summer & Christmas–Not Yet!
- Paint pottery–DONE!
- Tye dye–Not yet, but we have all of the ingredients needed for a fun night!
- Make stepping stones-Not yet, but we have all of the ingredients needed for a fun night!
- Go see a matinee- DONE!
- Create a girl’s-only spa night–DONE and DONE!
- Go to tea with Addie—DONE!
- Make homemade pizza–DONE!
- Celebrate 9 years of marriage- DONE!
- Go new school clothes shopping with Addie- DONE! (Okay, so I mostly did this online)
- Throw an End-of-Summer & Beginning-of-School Adventure Night- DONE! We went to Chili’s but it still counts…
- Have a labor party to welcome Eleanor and get back to goal weight- DONE & DONE (Sort-of…I am 7lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight with 33 pounds down in 10 weeks. Yeah, I am pretty happy with this, the rest will come).
- Light a sky lantern-Not yet, but we have all of the ingredients needed for a fun night!
Is there anything sweeter than cuddling with a sleeping baby? I think not…
With three more weeks of maternity leave left, I am savoring each and every one of these snuggles! Am I tired? Yes. Is she sleeping “through the night”? No. Will this and all of her other stages pass far, far to quickly? Absolutely!
Have you explored your own hometown lately? Waring and I did just that last weekend. I have been wanting to explore the Starland District in downtown Savannah during the 1st Friday Arts March for a year or so now. For one reason or another things have not worked out until…. last Friday!
Waring and I took the littlest out on the town to meet Mer, Justin, and Baby Eli out for Tacos and a walk through the Starland District. We saw a pretty wild flower art exhibit, tasted olive oil and vinegar, ate tacos, and enjoyed some time catching up with friends. I love it when bucket list items are: 1). close to home 2). reasonably priced 3). pretty painless to accomplish 4). fun!!!