From Breckenridge, New Orleans, Pensacola, to Boston, Spring Break over the past several years has always been full of adventure. Even in college I made sure to NEVER miss a Spring Break adventure opportunity from Daytona Beach, Chicago, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, there have been many memories made! However, this year’s Spring Break was full of a different type of adventure. I had a full to-do list of things to cross off and accomplish in order to be as productive as possible and prepare to bring Eleanor home. We started off the break with a great family brunch downtown, followed by a family fun Easter, a week of crazy decluttering, and a whirlwind trip to Lynchburg, VA with Waring as he spent his weekend at Liberty University. He sat through classes all day and I explored, ate good food, got a mani-pedi, and caught up on my to-do list making. All in all I am thankful for the time off, the time with Addie and Waring, and another Spring Break in the books!
Here is my to-do this for the week and an update on what I was actually able to accomplish:
Visit Meredith and Baby Eli- CHECK, twice! Take Addie to the Dentist for a cleaning and check-up -CHECK! Addie was a super brave girl!
- Buy a new rocking recliner for the living room— NOPE
- Create memory boxes for Addie and Ella— Bought the boxes…but haven’t put it all together yet.
Create April Monthly Goals- CHECK! Yes, this is something I do each month and I am addicted! Declutter the WHOLE HOUSE–CHECK! This pretty much took all week and created a cluttered mess in the entire house, but at this point every closet is organized, the cabinets in the kitchen have new contact paper laid out, and I even found the space to put up a small coffee bar in the kitchen!
- Setup Ella’s Nursery- Partially…. We are finished except hanging up some pictures and finishing the crib that was mailed to us without HARDWARE!?!
- Touch-up paint in hallways— NOPE
- Recaulk bathroom tub — NOPE
Clean oven- CHECK! Unpack baby stuff from the attic– CHECK, thanks Waring! Wash all of Ella’s hand-me-downs from Addie– CHECK!
- Take a trip to the Front Porch Cafe and have a library date– Nope, maybe sometime soon.
Go bowling- CHECK!