You did not disappoint! There were lots of HITS and several BOMBS along the way this year. While life certainly did not go 100% as I planned, we have been so blessed by God this year and I trust in his timing and his plan above my own.
Here are a few of the highlights from the year:
- Waring GRADUATED with his masters degree in school counseling
- We traveled to 9 states today on two Western road trips
- I have not traveled to 49 states! Only Hawaii left to go!
- We traveled to Europe (Spain) for the first time with both girls
- We went zorbing and celebrated 10 years of marriage
- I lost all of that baby weight baggage and reclaimed my body post-baby–whooo hooo!
- We created a Harvey family crest and motto
- Granny Mary came home from the hospital
- Ella turned 1
- Addie lost her first two teeth
- Addie started Kindergarten
- We celebrated Addie’s 6th birthday with a trip to Disney World
- Waring and I visited Harry Potter World for the first time during Grad Bash
- Got a new tattoo!
Word of 2019: Enough
I started this year thinking that I would resolve to remember that I am enough in all facets of my life to all and in all things. What I realized this year is how untrue that really is. I actually am NOT enough. I will never be enough. This world will always demand more and more and more of us that we are simply unable to give. The world consumes, however, Christ is the only entity that can sustain us. While I will never be enough, I can be content in the fact that He is all I will ever need. While the world will never be satisfied, He satisfies me. I am NOT enough, and that is okay.
Take a look at the full 2019 Bucket List final update below:
- Create a signature scent
- Try the Year of Enough: Not a Stitch New Challenge–Started! Final update: black wedges and a plaid shaw from my sister-in-law’s new boutique.—DONE!
- Celebrate 10 wacky holidays- 1. Bubble Bath Day (bath with soaking salts, bubbles, and soap confetti 2. Pooh Day (quote and pictures on Instagram) 3. Compliment Day (Play-Doh and note for office staff members) 4. Tell A Fairytale Day (told stories at bath and bedtime and documented on Instagram)—-Started out strong, but then feel off of the radar
- Visit 1 new state (New Mexico, Utah, North Dakota, Kansas, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska) DONE!! 6 total!
- Visit 1 new country (Spain — April 2019)
- Go zorbing—CHECK! Waring and I went Zorbing for our 10 year anniversary in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Go hang gliding—NOPE.
- Try a cupping massage—NOPE.
- Try Lucia Light Therapy—NOPE.
- Attend an ariel arts work out class—NOPE.
- Take a wine 101 course—DONE, with certificate to prove it!
- Plan Tokyo Olympics—NOPE.
- Listen/read 20 books—DONE! Listened to most of them!
- Update will and life insurance—NOPE.
- Open 529 and
savingsaccount for Ella—Check for savings account!
- Consider doctoral programs: Currently checking out UF, FSU, USC, Liberty, GSU, Vanderbilt, Valdosta State….we shall see.
- Go non-toxic in the home- Thieves spray, homemade body wash, dish soap
- Keep fresh flowers in the house- January: 3/4 weeks February: 0/0, March: 0/0, April: 2/4, May: 2/4——-NOPE.
- Try a Tea 365 Challenge—NOPE.
- Create a Family Crest and Motto—DONE! Created it with Waring and commissioned designed off of Fiverr
- Create a family recipe book—purchased book!—-STARTED and underway!
- Read to Addie (3 children’s novels)- January: Matilda (didn’t finish), Harry Potter (in progress)
- Go to Harry Potter World (Gradbash April 2019)
- Set and maintain family and self-care goals- January: Intermittent Fasting (better in the mornings than at night), bought the dry brush and the whitening strips), November (still working on those morning routines, heating pad for the bed, hygge candle evening routine, morning gratitude practice), I want to continue to work on this next year.
- Take a tea sommelier course—-NOPE.
- Go to a stargazing event- January: Saw the Blood World Moon
- Train for the 1/2 and marathon—-UGH 2020.
- Try 10 new foods in the 1,000 Food to Eat Before You Die book (Caviar)—-NOPE.
- Sleep in a tree house—-NOPE.
- Decorate for minor holidays/collect books to read for minor holidays/store them in attic- January: Valentine’s Garland and new Valentine’s Book February/March: Easter Banner and Unicorn Stuffed Animal Decoration—Continue to work on this for next year.—Started, but I am excited to continue this into the new year.
- Take the 52 List Challenge (7 Lists currently). NOPE.
- Redecorate the master bedroom– IN PROGRESS….painted night stands, downsized bookcase, new lamps and lampshades for night stands.
- Get a new tattoo—DONE!
- Create a porch oasis—Check, complete with string lights, cushy seating, picnic table, rug, and simple decorations. Waring wants to add an outdoor TV, but otherwise it is a great outdoor space that I am so thankful for!
- Display and curate a tea cup collection—-DONE!
- Celebrate the 12 Monthaversaries within during our 10th year of marriage—DONE! Could have done better with each minor-monthaversary.
- Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding