So, I know that the weather outside has been rainy and muggy, but I still can’t help fantasizing about the crisp autumn breeze and cinnamon and pumpkin spice in the air! Honestly, I don’t think I really have a favorite season, but I am always ready for the NEXT one to come around. In the middle of dreary February I daydream about Springtime, and in March I can hardly wait to start my tan at the Beach. So, it should come to no surprise that on the brink of a new season I am chomping at the bits to get Fall started!
I have just hit the 6 1/2 month pregnancy mark, and if you can’t tell from the Color Run pictures from last week I am sporting a newly-found bump. Many of the students at my new school have noticed that I am carrying a little package in my tummy, however only one little girl has been brave enough to ask me! (She begged me not to give her extra homework or be mad at her before she asked me if I was expecting! I really wanted to play a joke on her and pretend that I had no clue what she was talking about….but the way she asked was too cute, so I told her the truth!)
This year we are sure going to have an eventful Fall (Welcome Baby Addie!), and I am sure that I will be tired carrying my “pumpkin” around with me all day, however I still want to enjoy this wonderful time of year (plus I still have some items on my 2013 Bucket List that I need to take care of ASAP!)
Here are some of our plans for Fall:
1. Music Midtown Concert in Atlanta (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Imagine Dragons, Journey, Weezer, and more!)
2. Read more from my “To Read Library Book List” (I have a few personal finance books that I want to check out, a few about parenting, and then some fiction fantasy just for fun!)
3. Carve a pumpkin (We try to do this every year. I like to pull out the pumpkin guts and cook the seeds, while Hubby does the actual carving!)
4. Apple Picking Weekend in Ellijay, GA (I think that we are going to rent a cabin with a few friends and celebrate on the very last weekend of pregnancy that I am cleared to travel….haha!)
5. Make some Fall Wreaths for all my family (Look at the one I made tonight at Ladies Craft Night at Church!)
6. Make s’mores!
7. Go watch my sister’s high school football games and watch her during marching band performance.
8. Go back and see a college football game (and tailgate!)….I really don’t care too much for football, but I enjoy getting together with friends and eating! 🙂
9. Get a head start of Christmas shopping! (With all the excitement coming at the beginning of December, I need to start thinking about this now, or everyone will be getting a picture of Addie and a gift card!)
10. Go to a local Oktoberfest festival
11. Take maternity pictures!
12. Eat greasy food at the County Fair
13. Make my 2014 Bucket List!
14. Make chili
15. Go on a date night to a nice (read expensive) restaurant
16. Starting a Bible study with friends.
17. Having a baby! (ya know…no big deal… I got this….)
What do you have planned this Fall?